25 June 2010

Naughty AND Nice...

Naughty Bear was released today ~YAY!~ and if you have no idea what I'm on about watch this:


Now you understand what I'm on about, hopefully you can see why I'm a little itchy to get home and start the chaos :D
I have to say that this is shaping up to possibly be a multiplayer experience I'll enjoy like Left 4 Dead (Only ever beaten once on that I must add) but, I'll hold my verdict on that until I actually play it!

In other Non-game/game related news, the graphic novel series "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" is due to have a film released very shortly (Not seen it yet? Check out Youtube ya lazy so-and-so!) and true to form, somebody has seen an opening to turn a comic into a film and then ruin it's credability with a poor game based loosely on the film that was actually a success.

NOT THIS TIME SUCKAS!

Take "Streets of Rage" and strip away it's 16bit glory... replace said 16bit glory with the likes of "Metal Slug's" 32bit sex-a-thon and instead of basing it on the film, go back to it's roots and base in on the original comic and you should have something that looks like this:


It's also due to hit X-Box Live too so, nerr! Besides, I've got both consoles so I don't care which one it comes out on as I'll be getting it!

What this brings me to though is my love of games or more so the cult classics. I'm really glad that Ubisoft have decided to go old school with this title and as a result, I'm itching to play it almost as many times as I played Metal Slug in my msi-spent youth! I just wish more Live Arcade/PSN developers would go down this route of focusing on playability and enjoyment rather than:
"Our game has a complex and confusing storyline that makes no sense but, you don't care about that because the graphics are so good you can see the veins in his eyes and the deodorant stains on his shirt! Oh and there's also a female character with huge boobs to distract you!!"

Bring back the oldies and screw all this NOW IN HD crap! It wasn;t in HD then and I enjoyed it so, why does it need to be now??